Friday 24 July 2009

Heavy metal

I need to ask for you help again.

You see, while it's really easy for me to get a pump (I just have to pick up a random car and lift it easily over my head to get my muscles to swell to four times their regular size), it's really hard for me to feel pumped up. I'm looking for something that'll get me a proper workout, not because I need it, but just for that feeling. If you've ever pumped iron, you'll know what I'm talking about.

So far, I've tried the gym, loading up two bars with 450 pounds, curling one of them in each hand. That got my biceps up to a nice 24 inches, but I didn't feel the pump. I grabbed both bars in my left hand, curling 900 pounds one handed with an extended arm. My arm swelled little more, 25 inches, but while it felt heavy and quite nice, it just wasn't "it".

I 'snuck' out the back door, leaving the lock shattered on the floor, I only just fit through the door and my shoulders had gotten that wide. Walking to a closed car park out back, I looked for the largest vehicle I could find. I spotted a large van, I guess somewhere around 3000 pounds and started pushing it up first, curling it afterwards. It was feeling nicer, but still not like a workout used to feel. I tried carefully stacking another car on top, but it kept falling off and I didn't want to damage either car.

I remembered the weights in the gym, I'm sure I could borrow them for a little while. Walking back inside, I'd forgotten about my arms and shoulders, bumping into the doorframe. Or I should say, "Smashing", because there's no such thing as "bumping" into mere wood when you can lift a van one-handed without breaking a sweat. I dislocated the whole frame, crushing some of the brickwork on the left side. I shrugged (breaking off another small part) and walked back in. This time, there was someone else in the lifting area. I just smiled at him as I grabbed my two loaded bars, scooped up at least another 1200 pounds of plates and walked back outside. The man was staring open mouthed as I winked at him. "Mind if I borrow these?"

The nice thing about being super strong is that you never need keys for something like opening a door. I simply grabbed the handle on the back of the van and pulled, opening the door whether it was locked or not. Loading all the weights in the back of the vehicle strained the structure to its limit. The total came to about 5100 pounds, or two and half tons.  

When I picked it up, this time left-handed, my biceps peaked to 27 inches, my shoulders of matching massive size, my pecs jumping out. I was glad I took your advice and wore was pretty much a cloth bag. Still, I lifted the van easily. Sure, it was heavy; I could feel this was more than a dozen professional weightlifters could manage. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun and it sure feels great to lift that much without effort, but that was just the problem, it didn't take any effort. I'd have to curl this for days to even break a sweat and I didn't want to wait that long.

So, I'm asking my readers. Does anyone have any ideas where a super girl can get a little workout? Preferably somewhere quiet where I can do without any clothes and maybe not damage too much. Thanks in advance.

8 comments:

  1. What about bouyancy training? Its where you pull something floating/extremely bouyant downward, this can create a strong force to move against with limited weight. For example pulling a foam dock down while braced would be extremely hard. Course that assumes super lung capacity.

    Swimming with heavy weights could also work.

    Old rock quarries might be a good site outside of town. Junkyards, especially if you try to compete with the magnents and crushers, though that might have some collatarel damage.

    You could try finding a work out partner? I mean if someone else has the same talents as you, they might occansionally check, I don't know craig's list. The best part is you can play your request off as fantasy or computer enhancements if you post around looking for a workout partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah or she just asks some of her readers ;)
    Who wouldn't want be her work out partner?


    Maybe you get to the old railroad station. These waggons and engines weights more than 10 tons each. Maybe more. I don't think someone mind that you use them. If someone notices you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No offense to the rest of humanity, but I doubt anyone could keep up with me ;)

    I like the other suggestions, maybe I could try swimming with a few traincars, I know one particular train that still owes me one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your self down to the coast and drag an oil tanker or two to shore and start pumping, they should be heavy enough to give you a challenge. Failing that, there's always airports and the good old 747!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should go to an old Russian Navy yard. They have a few ships or subs you could lift or play with and those nuclear missiles or torpedoes could give you a thrill. I'd love to see you tear up an old aircraft carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a Paul Smith's story the female main character rips a mountain from the ground, lifts it and throws it in the space way beyond the Earth.
    It'd be nice to see you giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, there is that little problem in the fact that most objects are not meant to be lifted on two think points of pressure, in this case you powerful hands.

    I mean the train incident seems to prove the laws of leverage, momentum, and other physics still apply to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, granite formations, like El Capitan, would hold together quite well!

    ReplyDelete